Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Portland Audubon Society Wild Arts Festival

It's almost time for the Wilds Arts Festival held in November by Portland Audubon Society.
http://wildartsfestival.org/  This year it takes place on November 24 and 25.  Lots of art and books to peruse.

Corvus II, Corvus I, Blackbirds

There is always an open show of 6 x 6 art works to raise money for conservation.  I donated three pieces this year.  Water color topped by clear encaustic medium on 6 x 6 x 1.5 inch boards.  I love that the encaustic medium gives an atmospheric look to the art and it allows one to touch the paintings.  I struggled a little with this batch, but you can only be where you are at the moment. The middle one, Corvus I, was done while we still were dealing with smoke from the forest fires in the Columbia Gorge. Corvus II was more abstract. Blackbirds was inspired by blackbirds in the reeds by Cathedral Park in Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment